After a great run, the Winning the Internet blog has been retired. However, you can still keep in touch with New Media Mentors here.
I’m pleased to announce the official training line-up for Netroots Nation 2012! The sessions were selected from almost 90 submissions by a committee of training experts.
Thank you to those who submitted ideas—the competition this year was fierce. The sessions that made the final cut will be led by trainers from organizations like Democracy for America, NOI, Wellstone and Obama for America, plus nonprofits like Green for All and Advocates for Youth.
And now for the line-up!
Welcome to NN12!
- Beyond Networking: How to Make Friends and Influence People at Netroots Nation 2012
- Beyond Engagement: Progressive Organizing in Communities of Color
- From Taking out the Tea Party to fighting for Planned Parenthood: How organizing can change a narrative
- Recruiting and Hiring Rockstar Staffers
- Train the (online) Trainer: Holding Engaging Online Trainings
Issues & Advocacy
- Base Building and Elections: Winning while Building Grassroots Power
- Decoding Defense: Speaking with Authority on National Security Issues
- Grassroots Lobbying
Media & Communications
- How to Get Earned Media for Your Issue
- The Power of Our Stories-making complex issues accessible and moving people to action (T4T)
- Presence and Authenticity: The Key to Being a Media Star
- Rapid Response Across Mediums: Social, Online and PR
- Words that Work(ed): Crafting Effective and Truthful Memes
Online Organizing 1
- Online Activism, Social Media, and the Law
- How to Make Clicks Mean Something: Strategic Planning for Online Campaigns
- Social Media Strategy for Advocacy
Online Organizing 2
- Ideas to Action: Launching a people-powered campaign for change
- Tweeting the Revolution: Twitter Training for Campaigning
- New Scientifically Effective Proven Campaign Tactics from the Analyst Institute: Randomized Controlled Experiment Results to Win Your Campaign
- Data-Driven Design for Progressive Organizations: 10 Engagement Metrics You Probably aren’t Tracking
Technology & Design
- Excel-erate! Turbo-charge your Excel skills
- Getting Analytical with Google Analytics
- How to Ensure Your Web Development Project is a Complete Failure
Writing & Blogging
- Investigative Reporting For Bloggers
- Blog Content Bootcamp
We’ve got a couple more sessions that we’ll be announcing in the coming weeks. For now, check out the descriptions for these sessions and the rest of our agenda.