After a great run, the Winning the Internet blog has been retired. However, you can still keep in touch with New Media Mentors here.
Check out this post from Beth’s Blog if you’ve got a Facebook milestone coming up: “When Is One Million Fans on Facebook Worth More Than A Million Bucks?”
Whether it’s 1,000,000 followers or 1,000, you could have a reason to celebrate. While a press release might not be appropriate for all of us, this post has some great ideas for creating an integrated campaign around a milestone. Here are a few things the Humane Society did:
Facebook alone doesn’t do get an engaged crowd that takes action. As NTEN points out, the campaign include integrated tactics:
- They have a custom landing tab on Facebook for the campaign, tied to a contest: they’re asking their fans to share their pets’ stories and photos. Everybody who uploads a photo gets a discount coupon to their online store.
- Their CEO shot a video and blogged about the milestone.
- They issued a press release and will be sending a message to their full house file.
- And, there’s a banner on their home page.
- They highlighted the campaign in their email newsletter—before, during, and after the event.