Check out this post from Beth’s Blog if you’ve got a Facebook milestone coming up: “When Is One Million Fans on Facebook Worth More Than A Million Bucks?”
Whether it’s 1,000,000 followers or 1,000, you could have a reason to celebrate. While a press release might not be appropriate for all of us, this post has some great ideas for creating an integrated campaign around a milestone. Here are a few things the Humane Society did:
Facebook alone doesn’t do get an engaged crowd that takes action. As NTEN points out, the campaign include integrated tactics:
- They have a custom landing tab on Facebook for the campaign, tied to a contest: they’re asking their fans to share their pets’ stories and photos. Everybody who uploads a photo gets a discount coupon to their online store.
- Their CEO shot a video and blogged about the milestone.
- They issued a press release and will be sending a message to their full house file.
- And, there’s a banner on their home page.
- They highlighted the campaign in their email newsletter—before, during, and after the event.