After a great run, the Winning the Internet blog has been retired. However, you can still keep in touch with New Media Mentors here.
It’s that time of year again! Time to start thinking about Netroots Nation 2013 and submit your training ideas. It’s easy to submit an idea. Click here for the guidelines and the submission form. The deadline for submissions is February 8, 2013.
Netroots Nation 2013 will be taking place in San Jose, CA from June 20th to the 23rd. Each year we have 30 hands-on training sessions covering critical social media, new media and organizing skills. These sessions are led by experienced professionals from the most well-known organizations and publications in the progressive movement.
Training tracks for 2013 will include beginner and advanced online organizing, communications, design and more. Past training topics have included:
- Using social media for political advocacy
- Building a strategic online campaign
- Online analytics and testing
- New online tools
- Branding and design
- Common website mistakes
- Grassroots organizing and lobbying
- Advertising online with a modest budget
- Writing kick-ass emails
When you’re brainstorming ideas, here are a few things to remember:
- How does my session help the broader progressive movement?
- How will it empower activists to take what they’ve learned and use it for the greater good?
- Do my trainers represent diversity—of ethnicity, gender, geography, age and viewpoint?
- Did I build in interaction with the audience?
We rely on submissions from the community to build out the training program, so if you have an idea, please don’t hesitate to submit it. We want to hear from you!