After a great run, the Winning the Internet blog has been retired. However, you can still keep in touch with New Media Mentors here.
Netroots Nation 2013 offered 38 incredible training sessions led by leaders in the field. If you weren’t able to attend the convention, don’t despair! Leading up to the event we interviewed 20 trainers about their sessions and captured nuggets of wisdom from each. You can find links to the interviews below.
Also, it’s never too early to make your plans for Netroots Nation 2014! NN14 will be taking place in Detroit, MI July 17-20. Register now at the early bird rate.
Basic Online Organizing
- 10 Secret Ways To Make Your Stuff Maybe Go Viral If You Are Really Lucky
- Graphic Design Hacks for Non-Designers
- Write Like You Mean It: How to Write Advocacy Emails That Motivate People
Advanced Online Organizing
- Confessions of a Digital Hit Man: Tips and Tricks for Meme-ing the Opposition Online
- We Spent a Year Monitoring 10,000 Facebook Pages: Here’s What You Should Know
- Winning the Facebooks: Leveraging the Voter File and Offline Data, Content, and Facebook’s Tools to Microtarget Without Breaking the Bank
- Five Secrets: The Proven Neuroscience Behind Persuading Voters
- Kill the Press Release: Pitching Media in a New Media World
- The Most Epic Subject Line Writing Workshop in the History Of NN13
- Efficient, Effective, Affordable: How to Run a Winning Campaign with New Technology
- Introduction to Legislative Advocacy: How to Effectively Lobby Your Elected Leaders
- Influencing Public Policy in the Digital Age: Legal Rules and Regulations for Social Media
- Startup 101: Tips, Tools and Resources for Launching a Progressive Startup
- Make It Pop: Using Data Visualisation To Understand What You’ve Done, are Doing and Should Do
- Seeing is Believing: Visual Storytelling Best Practices
- Why Screenwriters Make the Best Organizers: Using Storytelling to Build Empathy